Our mission is to serve the City of Delray Beach by delivering best value goods and services in an expedient, transparent and ethical manner consistent with Florida State Statutes, City Charter, and Procurement Code.
To be recognized as a leader in public procurement for excellence in customer service, 'best practice' operations, and professional standards of conduct.
- Trustworthy - conduct business in a manner that exemplifies fair and open standards.
- Responsive - commit to actively and proactively addressing the needs of our customers.
- Collaborative - create a culture where teamwork and collaboration are the foundation of our
- Resourceful - be imaginative and inventive in finding creative solutions to challenges.
The Purchasing Department is authorized to provide centralized procurement support to all departments within the City; is responsible for ensuring the highest quality for the dollars spent on the purchased goods and services; to work collaboratively with stakeholders to identifying new sources and resources for City requirements; for inventory management and surplus property disposition; for assuring that the quality performance requirements contained within each contract are provided; to ensure that the City is receiving the best “value” for each dollar spent; and to contribute to the overall fiscal success of the City.
- Identifying creative and cost efficient purchasing methods and inventory management processes.
- Providing internal customers with timely, efficient, innovative, and professional purchasing and inventory management services.
- Providing external customers with a fair, open and transparent purchasing process that creates maximum competition and trust.
Purchases over $2,500 but less than $25,000, unless exempted by Statute or Code or when the service or product can be purchased at a competitive price from a state, county, or cooperative contract and award process, require solicitation of a minimum of three written quotes.
Purchases over $25,000, unless exempted by Statute or Code or when the service or product can be purchased at a competitive price from a state, county, or cooperative contract and award process, require a competitive sealed solicitation and approval by the City Commission.
City solicitations can be accessed through BidSync or Active Bids. If you would like to submit a bid or proposal or download solicitation documents, follow the instructions for retrieval, submittal and delivery in the solicitation document.
Chief Purchasing Officer