First Night 2013
New Year Festivities
Ring in the New Year at First Night 2013, a non-alcoholic celebration of entertainment and activities for the entire family. Festivities begin at 4:00 pm on Monday, December 31st, in Downtown Delray Beach and continue through midnight.
First Night Buttons, which will serve as admittance to all First Night activities and venues, can be purchased for $10 in advance and $15 on New Year’s Eve (Monday, December 31st). Buttons can be purchased in advance at the Famous 100 Foot Christmas Tree*, the Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce, Delray Beach City Hall*, Delray Beach Public Library, Delray News and Tobacco and the Delray Beach Center for the Arts at Old School Square.
*Credit cards, checks and cash will be accepted at the 100 Foot Christmas Tree and Delray Beach City Hall. All other locations accept checks or cash only. If paying by check, please bring acceptable photo ID.
Please Note: On the day of the event, December 31st, First Night Buttons will be sold for $15 at the Famous 100 Foot Christmas Tree Concession Stand, the Delray Beach Tennis Center and at the 300 & 600 blocks of Atlantic Avenue.
Beginning at 7:00 AM
- Portions of NE 1st Avenue (north of Atlantic Avenue) will be closed
Beginning at 12:00 PM (NOON)
- The section of Atlantic Avenue between SE/NE 6th Avenue and SE/NE 7th Avenue will be closed
- Portions of NE 2nd Avenue (north of Atlantic Avenue) will be closed
Beginning at 2:00 PM
- Atlantic Avenue between SE/NE 6th Avenue to Swinton Avenue will be closed
- Portions of SE 1st Avenue (south of Atlantic Avenue) to alleyways will be closed
- Portions of SE 4th Avenue (south of Atlantic Avenue) to alleyways will be closed
- Portions of NE 4th Avenue (north of Atlantic Avenue) to alleyways will be closed
- Portions of SE 3rd Avenue (south of Atlantic Avenue) will be closed
- NW 1st Avenue between Atlantic Avenue and the Community Redevelopment Agency parking lot entrance will be closed
Street closure signage will be posted.
Downtown Roundabout Modified Shuttle Service
The Downtown Roundabout free shuttle bus service will run on a modified route from 12:00 pm (noon), Monday, December 31st, until 1:00 am on January 1, 2013, providing roundtrip service along Atlantic Avenue from the Tri-Rail station (on Congress Avenue) to NE/SE 6th Avenue (US 1 Federal Highway) using detoured routes on NE/SE 1st Streets. A second bus will be added at 3:00 pm to reduce waiting time and accommodate anticipated increased demand. Please expect delays due to additional traffic generated by the holiday event.
Tri-Rail Holiday Service
During the holidays, please be advised that Tri-Rail trains operate on a revised schedule. For holiday service schedules and additional information, visit www.tri-rail.com or call 800-874-7245.
Parking Garage Facilities
Public parking garages will be opened until 4:00 am, Tuesday, January 1, 2013. A $5 fee per vehicle will be charged at the following locations on Monday, December 31st:
- Robert Federspiel Parking Garage, 22 SE 1st Avenue - Starting at 2:00 pm
- South County Courthouse Parking Garage, 65 SW 2nd Avenue – Starting at 5:00 pm
- Old School Square Parking Garage, 95 NE 1st Avenue – Starting at 3:00 pm
- City Hall North Parking Lot, 100 NW 1st Avenue – Starting at 4:00 pm
Parking attendants can accept cash only and will monitor the garages until the posted closing times.
For information on First Night and/or First Night Button sales, call (561) 279-1379 Ext. 17 or visit www.delraybeachfirstnight.com. For more information on event parking and/or shuttle service, please call (561) 243-7000.