Our firefighters and paramedics enjoy giving fire station tours to groups and organizations. We welcome residents and visitors to schedule an appointment to come into their fire station home and see how they live while on duty. Children can walk through the station; see the kitchen, living quarters and see the fire trucks in the very large garage. We also show them our Fire-Rescue vehicles, firefighting gear and some of the equipment we use. Groups of 10-25 children (preschool and above) work best, with at least one adult for every 8 children. Classes can be scheduled Mondays and Thursdays from 10am-3pm throughout the year and some limited availability for evening tours.
The following guidelines regarding group station tours have been implemented to ensure the safety of the visiting groups and to assist Delray Beach firefighters with better time management in fulfilling their community service duties.
- Fire station tours must be scheduled at least THREE WEEKS in advance.
- Fire station tours are at Delray Beach Fire-Rescue Station 1 ( 501 W. Atlantic Ave ) Only.
- Fire station tours last 30 - 45 minutes.
- The maximum number of participants is 32 per group and requires one chaperon for every 8 children. This must be kept in mind when touring the station. Therefore, appropriate ratios of children to chaperons are required.
- Visits may only be scheduled between 10 AM - 3 PM.
- All dates are subject to availability.
- We will do our best to honor our scheduled appointments. However, the station visit may be canceled at the last minute with no notification due to emergency response or firefighter training requirements. We apologize in advance if this happens to you and will be happy to reschedule at a later date.
Please contact Public Education Specialist Joe Duffy at (561) 243-7407 or email@example.com for more information. You can also fill out the form below to request a Station Tour:
Public Education Specialist
Delray Beach Fire Rescue
Fire Prevention Bureau
501 West Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444
Phone #: 561-243-7400
Fax #: 561-243-7408