Local Register of Historic Places

The Delray Beach Local Register of Historic Places is a listing and a means by which to identify, classify, and recognize buildings, sites, structures, objects and districts that are architecturally and archeologically significant, as well as archeological sites that are important to the history of the area. 

 

The Register is listed in LDR Section 4.5.1(I), as follows:

 

(1) NASSAU PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT Original designation by Ordinance 97-87 adopted on January 12, 1988

(2) OLD SCHOOL SQUARE HISTORIC DISTRICT Original designation by Ordinance 1-88 adopted on February 9, 1988

(3) DEL-IDA PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT Original designation by Ordinance 9-88 adopted on March 22, 1988

(4) SUNDY FEED STORE Original designation by Ordinance 102-88, August 23, 1988, Note: In 1991, the structure was relocated outside of the City of Delray Beach. It is presently located at Yesteryear Village at the South Florida Fairgrounds.

(5) HISTORIC DEPOT SQUARE 80 Depot Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 119-88, October 11, 1988

(6) MARINA HISTORIC DISTRICT Original designation by Ordinance 156-88 adopted on December 20, 1988; Amended by Ordinance 38-07, February 2, 2008; Amended by Ordinance 10-09, March 17, 2009

(7) THE KOCH HOUSE 777 North Ocean Boulevard; Original Designation by Ordinance 162-88, January 10, 1989

(8) SITE OF SCHOOL NO. 4 DELRAY COLORED Block 28, Lot 2, NW 5th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 16-89, April 11, 1989    

(9) GREATER MOUNT OLIVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 40 NW 4th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 17-89, April 11, 1989

(10) ST. PAUL AFRICAN METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH 119 NW 5th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 18-89, April 11, 1989

(11) THE FREE AND ACCEPTED MASONS OF DELRAY BEACH LODGE 275 85 NW 5th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 19-89, April 11, 1989

(12) ST. MATTHEW EPISCOPAL CHURCH 404 SW 3rd Street;Original designation by Ordinance 20-89, April 11, 1989

(13) HISTORIC FONTAINE FOX HOUSE PROPERTIES The designated site consists of three individual properties, and the Fontaine Fox House is located at 610 North Ocean Boulevard; Original Designation by Ordinance 70-89, October 24, 1989, as amended by Ordinance 43-11, December 6, 2011 and Ordinance 04-13, February 19, 2013

(14) THE SCOTT HOUSE 19 Andrews Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 17-90, May 22, 1990

(15) THE COLONY HOTEL AND THE COLONY HOTEL NORTH ANNEX 525 East Atlantic Avenue, with the designation pertaining to the buildings only and not the grounds; Original designation by Ordinance 22-91, March 26, 1991

(16) MILTON-MYERS POST NO. 65, THE AMERICAN LEGION OF THE UNITED STATES 263 NE 5th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 68-94, October 18, 1994

(17) SOLOMON D. SPADY HOUSE 170 NW 5th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 08-95, February 7, 1995

(18) THE SUSAN WILLIAMS HOUSE 154 NW 5th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 09-95, February 7, 1995; amended by Ordinance 29-02, July 16, 2002

(19) THE MONTEREY HOUSE 20 North Swinton Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 27-95, June 6, 1995

(20) THE HISTORIC BUNGALOW 24 North Swinton Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 28-95, June 6, 1995 

(21) THE BLANK HOUSE 85 SE 6th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 29-95, June 6, 1995

(22) THE SANDOWAY HOUSE 142 South Ocean Boulevard; Original designation by Ordinance 57-96, December 3, 1996

(23) WEST SETTLERS HISTORIC DISTRICT Original designation by Ordinance 6-97, February 18, 1997; Amended by Ordinance 38-07, February 5, 2008

(24) THE TRINITY EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH CHAPEL 400 North Swinton Avenue; the chapel is the only building in the church complex of the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church property receiving an historic designation. Original designation by Ordinance 26-97, July 1, 1997

(25) THE TURNER HOUSE 145 NE 6th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 46-97, November 18, 1997

(26) THE PRICE HOUSE 1109 Sea Spray Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 12-98, March 3, 1998

(27) THE FELLOWSHIP HALL OF THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF DELRAY BEACH 36 Bronson Street; Original designation by Ordinance 46-99, November 16, 1999

(28) THE ATLANTIC AVENUE BRIDGE Original designation by Ordinance 18-00, August 15, 2000

(29) THE GEORGE BUSH BOULEVARD BRIDGE (formerly known as the N.E. 8th Street Bridge) Original designation by Ordinance 19-00, August 15, 2000

(30) THE WATER HOUSE 916 and 918 Northeast 5th Street; Original designation by Ordinance 15-01, February 20, 2001

(31) THE O’NEAL HOUSE 910 NE 2nd Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 27-02, July 16, 2002

(32) THE AMELUNG HOUSE 102 NE 12th Street; Original designation by Ordinance 25-03, August 19, 2003

(33) THE DEWITT ESTATE 1110 North Swinton Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 71-04, January 4, 2005

(34) THE HARTMAN HOUSE 302 NE 7th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 26-05, May 3, 2005

(35) THE SEWELL C. BIGGS HOUSE 212 Seabreeze Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 50-05, July 19, 2005

(36) THE HARVEL HOUSE 182 NW 5th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 16-10, July 20, 2010

(37) ADAMS AUTO DEALERSHIP 290 SE 6th Avenue; Original designation by Ordinance 24-12, August 21, 2012

(38) WATERS-WELLENBRINK RESIDENCE 1108 Vista Del Mar Drive North; Original designation by Ordinance 29-12, October 16, 2012

(39) THE MARINA HOUSE 170 Marine Way; Original designation by Ordinance 03-13. March 5, 2013

(40) TWO FISHER LANE 2 Fisher Lane; Original designation by Ordinance 18-13. September 3, 2013

 

 

Updated November 30, 2015